Throughout the wedding planning process brides tend to receive a lot of advice, some wanted and some unwanted, from a lot of different people. It's inevitable that everyone will want to give their two cents on how things should be done or how they wish they would've done things during their go around. After interviewing my fair share of brides, I thought I would throw my hat into the advice giving ring, not with advice of my own since I have yet to wed (fingers crossed though lol), but some advice from people that I thought brides-to-be would actually want to hear advice from – past Pnina Brides! These women have been in your shoes before and after interviewing many of them, here is the best advice that has stood out and has been repeated countless times before when it comes to choosing your dream wedding gown.
1. Be Open. It is smart and recommended that you go into your wedding dress shopping appointment with some ideas about what you definitely want included in your gown. Lace or no lace, bling or no bling, etc. However, do not limit yourself so much that you end up ruling out details that could be exactly what your dream dress needs to make a complete look. Let yourself try something out of your comfort zone – you may be surprised by what you end up loving!
2. Do Not Bring A Huge Entourage. It has been said time and time again but always bears repeating. Too many conflicting ideas can lead to an overwhelming and confusing gown shopping experience. Whittle your dress shopping posse down to your core group of people and make sure that everyone is on the same page. They are there to help you pick the gown of YOUR dreams, not theirs.
3. Do Not Settle. This is the most important dress you will ever wear (you may think I'm exaggerating but trust me this is it)! You should not settle for any gown that does not feel like sheer perfection to you. I know sometimes the search may seem hard and never ending but it will all be worth it in the end if you stick it out and find the one that you fall head over heels in love with.
4. If it feels like the one, it usually is the one! It doesn't matter if it’s the first gown you tried on, or if your Aunt Emma isn't sure about it, or if it is something completely different than what you thought you would fall for. If it feels like the one TO YOU then I guarantee you that it is! Trust your inner instincts and go with your gut on this purchase. I promise you won't regret it.
5. Have fun! This is something that just about every bride says to me during our interview. This is a wonderful and exciting time in your life and while there will be stressful moments, shopping for your dream gown should not be one of them! Let go of your insecurities and worries and find a gown that makes you feel like the most beautiful version of yourself.
There is something reassuring about getting advice from people who have actually been through what you are currently going through. I hope this advice from past brides who were once in your position helps you in your gown shopping experience. Now get out there and shop til you drop or you know, find the perfect wedding gown!
Written by: Jazmine Keels