1. Choosing a stylist. Often the hardest part. It may be helpful to checkout their Instagram page or website for some of the up dos/wedding hair that they've previously done to see if you'd be interested in working with them. It's important that you feel completely comfortable so you're able to articulate what you like and don't like. You're putting a major part of your special day in their hands, don't be shy!
2. Choosing a style can be extremely overwhelming because the possibilities are endless. Just be true to your style and who you are and go with something that you really love. Don't let anybody talk you into something that you don't feel good about because remember when you look good you feel good!
3. Hair trials. These are so important! This allows you to experiment with different hair styles to ensure that you will have your hair looking exactly the way you want it to. You may like the way something looks in a picture but may feel differently once you see it on yourself.
4. No major haircuts or color treatments too close to the big day. There's always a possibility that something could go wrong. Better safe than sorry!
5. Accessorize! Sometimes all it takes is a special hair piece to accentuate the beautiful style you've chosen. Experiment with headbands, headpieces, barrettes etc. it may be just what you're looking for to give your hair the little extra glitz that it needs!
6. Extensions. Brides adore them. Sometimes your hair just isn't long enough to be able to achieve the look you want. There are so many different types of extensions so speak to your stylist and they can walk you through the whole process.
7. Wash your hair the night before! This is a common thing that stylists will suggest. Up dos and curls are more likely to stay in place on hair that is a little bit "dirtier."
8. Apple cider vinegar rinses. Yes, the thought of putting this stuff in your hair may not sound like a great idea, but the benefits are excellent. The vinegar is full of nutrients (vitamin c, potassium) that result in long luscious locks.
9. Hair masks can be helpful for repairing dry, damaged hair leaving it silky and smooth.
10. Eat a well-balanced diet that includes foods such as eggs, nuts, salmon and avocado. All of these are rich in biotin which is a vitamin that is essential for hair growth and thickness.